Friday, September 19, 2008

About Me More

I have a varied background. As such a bit of a Renaissance Man: artist, acupuncturist, herbalist, nanny, teacher, CEO, meditator. I have traveled to many parts of the world and yet still reside in Hawaii first and foremost- home.

The art came first and still defines all that I do; from current work to finding creative solutions to business issues. Though dabbling in various mediums I am a painter at heart, closely followed by being a calligrapher. While living in NYC (getting there in time for the riots in the 80's) I studied at the Cooper Union, and went on to successfully pursue freelance work in calligraphy, illustration, and the very occasional computer job (pre-dot.com era), while the rest of the time immersed in painting.

Eventually the call of the open road led to travels, more art, studies in Tai Chi and Chinese medicine, marriage and much more. Travels included Europe and Asia, with a stint of 3 weeks in meditation in Burma.

Teaching has also been a central part of my life, and have taught various subjects in college settings to private students of Tai Chi. Given a chance I would be happy to be found teaching painting, but most subjects are suitable as well.

I have also been active in the business world running a small
herb company that focuses on organic Chinese herbs and developing social justice programs. The management style that I have evolved can best be described as very eclectic but focused. I'm very good at getting diverse personalities motivated and working together.

Most important to me is the mission to work well and be helpful with those in need of inspiration and guidance. If there is anything that I can help you with feel free to email me at:
bright_art AT yahoo DOT com
(thats so the spambots don't catch the email, little bastards).


Peace and be well.